Health Benefit • 2 Minute Read

5.png

GOOD FATS vs. BAD FATS

             Cholesterol is a type of fat (lipid) that is in our blood. It is a wax that resembles fat. Approximately 75% of the cholesterol in our body is produced by the liver, the remaining 25% comes from certain foods that we eat. Having cholesterol production in your body means that it must certainly play a role in body functions.

Cholesterol that is in the blood and binds to proteins is called "Lipoprotein" which can be divided into two types:

1. HDL (High-Density Lipoprotein) or good fats. This cholesterol helps to transport cholesterol and triglycerides from the arteries and tissues to the liver to be expelled from the body or reapplied to other organs, such as ovaries, testicles, adrenal glands.

2. LDL (Low-Density Lipoprotein) or bad fats. This cholesterol is very bad for your health. Although its main function is to transport cholesterol to tissues and arteries, if there are too many bad fats, it tends to accumulate in the arteries and cause a blockage. LDL can also be divided into two types: Small Dense LDL and Large Buoyant LDL. Small Dense LDL consists of more fat than large Buoyant LDL. When Small Dense LDL adheres to the artery wall and oxidizes occurs, it will build up stains on the artery wall, causing clogged arteries that block the flow of blood. If it occurs in the cerebral artery, it can cause a stroke, or if it occurs in the coronary artery, which is the blood vessel that feeds the heart muscle, it can cause an acute heart attack because of the inactivity of the heart muscle.

Foods that contain HDL and LDL

  • Foods that are a source of HDL or good fats, including onions, garlic, omega-3 oils, fish, and fiber-rich foods, such as oats, cereals, etc.

  • Foods that are a source of LDL or bad fats, including foods high in trans fats, granulated sugar, white flour.

            Besides, eating foods high in HDL and avoiding food high in LDL, you should change your lifestyle and exercise regularly. Eating our black garlic- B-Garlic can raise your HDL and lower LDL, boost metabolism, and reduce your cholesterol as well.

 

Check out our other articles...
Picture1.png
4.png
2.png
5.png
SAC-01.jpg
6.png